Thursday, September 5, 2013

Pinterest All-Star Crock Pot Shredded Buffalo Chicken Sliders w/Bleu Cheese Broccoli Slaw




People, today is the official kick-off to football season. And the unofficial kick-off of everything buffalo chicken flavored. And no two things could make a fat Claud happier!

As my loyal blog readers know (Ryan. Dad. I'm looking in your direction), I became obsessed with football last year when I was invited to join a fantasy football league. I became such a rabid fan, I dumped Ryan one Sunday afternoon to go watch (by myself) the Patriots game that was not being televised. Also known as, the infamous afternoon when I was banned from the local pizza place -for what I swear- was no big deal. Just a little friendly banter between rival fans. Ryan on the other hand, has a much different version of that story. But what can I say, Ryan just has a skewed perception of reality. I say tomato, he says toh-ma-toe. 

As for my obsession with anything buffalo chicken flavored, I love it all. And I don't think I'm alone here. It's like all things fried. Who is not a fan of all things fried? Seriously, most anything can be fried and be good. Fried chicken? Good! Fried Cheesecake? Good! Fried Bacon? Damn GOOD!!! I rest my case. All things fried and all things buffalo are good. But, Enough about my obsessions and more about this sandwich.

People, this recipe is a no brainer. Literally. You throw chicken breast, buffalo wing sauce, butter, and an envelope of ranch dressing in the crock pot and 6-7 hours later, voila! You have a delicious meal that feeds a crowd and took almost no effort on your part. And the slaw, can be made in 10 minutes! So easy! The chicken was moist & tender. The sauce had that delicious buffalo flavor you love, but with a little extra something savory from the ranch dressing mix. And the slaw, well, the slaw was REALLY good and added that much needed freshness to the sandwhich. It was crisp and creamy and bleu cheesy -but not over powering bleu cheesy. It was the perfect balance cool and spicy!

I put all of the ingredients in the crock pot last night. Woke up this morning shredded the chicken with two forks -which was totally unnecessary because it fell apart as soon as I touched it. I made the slaw while drinking my morning coffee and then Ryan was on his merry way with "his" contribution to the office tailgate party. And people, it was a hit! Ryan texted me and said we "had to bring this tailgating with us." And for the effort and the awesome taste how could we not. I will more than likely be making this a few times this season. Try it, you won't be sorry. This is perfect for those Thursday night/Monday night games, when you want the game day food, but are too exhausted after work to put forth the effort. 

Now get out there and give it 110%! And God bless "Don't Stop Believing!" Who finished the 2012 season with 11 wins, 2 losses, and the hottest coach in Fantasy Football! Well, the latter is debatable, but the record speaks for itself! You ladies were OWNED!

Pinterest All-Star Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken* Sliders w/Bleu Cheese Broccoli Slaw
Chicken via Emily Bites and Slaw adapted from Supper For a Steal

Ingredients
4 boneless skinless chicken breast
1-12 oz bottle Franks Red Hot Original
4 Tbspn Butter (divided)
1 Envelope Hidden Valley Ranch Mix
Bleu Cheese Broccoli Slaw (see recipe below)

Turn Crock-Pot on low. In this order place chicken, sauce, butter, and mix in Crock Pot. Cover and cook for 6-7 hours on low. Uncover and shred chicken with two forks. Taste sauce. If it's too spicy add another 4 Tbspns of butter, this will cut down the spice. *If you feel it will make it too salty, use unsalted butter. Spoon mixture into slider buns and top with Broccoli Slaw.

Bleu Cheese Broccoli Slaw

Ingredients
1 -12oz package of Rainbow Slaw (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, red cabbage) -in the produce section of grocery store
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 Bob's Big Boy Bleu Cheese Dressing
4 oz Bleu Cheese Crumbles
4 green onions (green & white parts) cut on a bias

Mix all ingredients until combined and chill for an hour or until ready to use. Top sliders with cooled slaw.

*The "Pinterest All-Star" refers to the Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Let me start by saying these are awesome and if you don't try them you deserve to eat kale and tofu for the rest of your life. I normally don't eat slaw or derivations there of but like most food in my life if Claudia tells me to eat it, I do. I was not disappointed!

My main problem with buffalo wings is that they are very messy. Between all the sauce and ripping the meat from the bones like a savage I inevitably end up with food on my face in places (my forehead) I didn’t think were possible. This sandwich solves all of that. The bread is the perfect buffer to keep my hands clean, no bones to get in my way from eating chicken, and a spritz of vegetables to feel good about yourself.

As for “Don’t Stop Believing”, thank you Maria McNeley for getting Claudia into fantasy football, it has changed my life. No longer does our DVR get filled up with crap like Pretty Little Liars, Wendy Williams, or some novela on telemundo. Instead I have the luxury of seeing our DVR filled with Fantasy Football Live, Sportscenter, or some game from Sunday that nobody cares about except Claudia since she has the backup running back from that team. So now we are all football all the time. So much so that the infamous pizza place ban is in place because I say tomato and Claudia says f bombs.

Claudia (The Blog I Never Wanted) said...

First of all let me say *insert Wendy Williams hand gesture here*, “How you dewan Ryan!”

Second of all, who doesn’t love Pretty Little Liars, I mean really?!

Third of all, I bet my faithful readers didn’t know that besides being particular you are also a delicate flower that cannot get his pretty little hands dirty.

And lastly, but more importantly, may I remind you that this year you said, “Claud, can you do my draft for me.” Aaaaaaand BOOM goes the dynamite!!!!

Ajazgames said...

This is my first visit to your site and i really enjoyed the site.

escape games
new escape games
Point and click games
free online escape games
online escape games


Ajazgames said...

This is my first visit to your site and i really enjoyed the site.

escape games
new escape games
Point and click games
free online escape games
online escape games


Post a Comment